In order to work out if you will be in the scope of the COMAH 2015 Regulations, you will need to carry out an assessment based on the combination of hazardous properties (as described by CLP, or for Named Substances), and inventory.
This is very similar to the calculations required under the COMAH 2005 Regulations, except that:
- the hazard categories are now based on CLP
- there are more Named Substances
- there are more hazard categories (because of the differences between CHIP and CLP).
TT Environmental Ltd have several items which can help you calculate your liability:
- COMAH liability toolkit, see details below.
- SevEstimateTM online calculator, which estimates your COMAH liability (without named substances, so not a full calculation), try it here.
- SEvaluateTM calculation software, which is a desktop app (or small programme) to calculate your COMAH liability completely, details here.
We can also carry out the COMAH liability calculations for you on a consultancy basis, including linking the SEVESO calculation into your inventory, so that it updates your COMAH status automatically.
For more information or help with your COMAH liability calculation, contact Janet on 01422 24 22 22 or email Janet.